SNOW DAY 1
Woke up at 5:15am with a phone call saying school was canceled because of the weather. This was fabulous news because my body needed the extra sleep. When I finally got out of bed around 10am, I noticed that my are soreness from the previous couple of days had decreased about 50%. I was actually able to touch my head/face without writhing in pain. Ah...the little things.
Yoga
I have one previous experience with Yoga in my life. In college, when I worked at the YMCA I always noticed the women that would come in each week to our yoga classes. They always told me that I could not do what they were doing in that class, so one day I decided to take them up on that offer. After my shift one night, I jumped into a class in which I was the only male. Lets just say things were not pretty. I remember falling and sweating. Oh yeah, and all of the ladies laughing it up. And I had a new found respect for yoga and the athletes that can do it.
Today I was able to try this yoga thing one more time, but this time in the comfort of my own home. Everything I remembered was still true. Yoga is hard, very hard. I did everything that I was able to do and when there was something that I couldn't do, i continued to stretch. I sweated more in this 1.5 hour workout than in the previous 3 workouts combined. I was drenched.
I feel so much better now. The constant stretching of both the upper and lower halves of the body has me feeling amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment